My name is Lewis Cowles. I am a software engineer, former digital architect & CTO, current small business owner, but primarily an expert in ensuring software helps people
I help businesses use technology to engage users, automate the mundane, fix the broken, and implement features to achieve their goals, and the goals of their users.
So why should you work with me?
- I have 17 years professional experience
- I focus on repeatable outcomes, not flash-in-the-pan high-stakes gambling
- I know about the underlying technologies and can relay them in a variety of ways to try to help people understand
- I work with a range of technologies from web & ecommerce, to IoT & server infrastructure
- I am multi-disciplinary with skills including operations, security, performance & scaling for growth
- You've tried the rest, and it's not working. You're willing to listen and get involved. Together, we can make the bad-things go away.
- HTML5, CSS3 including grid & Flexbox
- PHP, MySQL, WordPress
- Python, Postgres, AMQP
- Twillio VoIP, SMS & Omni-channel integration
- BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce
- Source-Control & Project Management
- Server Admin and Desired State
- Systems Architecture
- C & C++
- Golang Application & Micro-services
- Roadmapping, Management & Documentation
- Application Integration, Testing & QA
- API Design & Integration
- Web Application Development
- Compliance & Auditing Systems
- Embedded Consumer & Industrial Systems Design
- System(s) Migration
- High-volume data engineering
- AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry, Heroku, DigitalOcean & Vultr
- CI/CD with Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Concourse
Like what you hear? Contact me.